Logo of the Province of Middle Campidano


Skip navigation bar and go to contents

Vivere la campagna

Furtei churches

Church of San Biagio

Built in the 12th century, the parish church of Santa Barbara is the most imposing edifice of the village. Its interiors guard plenty of sacred furniture: a panel of the 16th century featuring the crucifixion, attributed to the painter Antioco Mainas; a holy-water font of 1590 and a wooden statue of Santa Barbara decorated in estofado de oro. Not far, the church of San Narciso was raised upon a hill in the 12th century in Romanesque style. The interior is divided in two naves, separated by pillars and round arches. Dating back to the period of local kingdoms are the church of Saint Mary of Nativity, re-built with the addition of two bells, the church of San Sebastiano and, finally, the church of the Sacred Family. The rural church of San Biagio, in the locality of Nuraxi, dates back to the 12th century. In the Middle Ages, the building was the parish church of a village abandoned a few centuries later.